Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) to Black & White International Award Rome (BWA). By participating in the Competition, you (You/ Your/ the Participant) understand, acknowledge and fully, irrevocably and unconditionally agree to abide and be bound by the following Rules:
1. The Competition is open for online submissions only (the Submissions), through the Competition Online Registration form available after completing payment on Entry Fee page
2. Submissions will be accepted until 24:00 on 30th July 2017, Italy local time. No Submissions made after the closing time will be accepted.
3. Should the number of entries not reach 400 the competition will be cancelled and entry fees reimbursed.
4. Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years and over at the time of their Submission(s).
5. You hereby certify that you are eighteen (18) years old or older at the date of submitting your Photo(s) to the Competition. You further understand and agree that rules will automatically and without further notice discard any Photo(s) that are found to be submitted by a Participant that is below eighteen (18) years old at the time of its Submission.
1. You may submit up to one (1) Photo in People choice category of the Competition.
2. Submitted Photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution (300ppi, 3500 pixels longest side in RGB) of a maximum 2.5 MB in size and suitable for publication.
3. ONLY black and white Photos are permitted .
4. All submitted Photos must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s) is prohibited. BWA preserves the right to assess and discard from the Competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at BWA own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
5. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including violence, pornography and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
6. Copyright of the images will remain at all times with the photographer. Images will be used strictly in connection to the award and will not be used for any other marketing purposes other than promote BWA. Images will not be resold or used by any other third party. If there is a request for such we will forward that request to the photographer via email.
7. Concerning copyright of People Choice category please note that pictures entered will be submitted to Facebook copyright regulation.
8. For the shortlisted photographs, the Award has the right to ask for the original/raw file OR evidence of existence of negative. All the shortlisted should submit the original photographs in maximum 10 days. Otherwise, the photograph will be disqualified from the competition.
1. BWA’s appointed judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos. Winners’s names will be published online by end of September 2017.
2. The winner(s) will be contacted by BWA.
3. BWA judging panel have the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any Photo(s) or Submission(s) without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant Participant.
4. Cash prizes will be paid in Euros by Paypal. Any fees incurred for transfers will be deducted from the winning amount.
5. Any federal, state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to You under the Competition will be solely paid by You.
6. Images will be judged on artistic merit, originality subject and style.
7. The decision of BWA’s judging panel is final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Competition.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. Submitted Photo(s) must be a single work of original material created and/or taken by You, must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which You have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
2. You must obtain, solely bear the cost for, and provide BWA within ten (10) calendar days of any request to do so by BWA, with any or all of the following:
- A signed written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person(s) appearing in Your submitted Photo(s), clearly authorizing You to use their picture or likeness for submitting the Photo(s) in the manner contemplated by the Competition, and authorizing BWA to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry(s) for all purposes related to the competition itself.
Whether the signed written consent, release and/or permission should not be sent within 10 days, the responsibility will fall directly on the candidate.
- A signed written license from the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork, or other copyrighted material that appears in Your submitted Photo(s).
1. You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge BWA and its partners, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the Competition or the conduct of the Competition and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against BWA in association with the Competition or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the Competition even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of BWA, in whole or in part. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless BWA from any claim arising out of Your participation in the Competition including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with Your participation in the Competition.
2. If BWA, at its sole discretion, is of the opinion that You have breached any of the Rules, BWA has the right to disqualify You from the Competition, and in such circumstances You must re-pay to BWA all costs undertaken by BWA in relation to Your Submission(s) and participation in the Competition and the awards ceremony, including but not limited to (if and to the extent applicable) any travel costs incurred by BWA, and re-pay the Competition prize money and return any trophies or certificates at Your own cost to BWA.
3. Under no circumstance BWA will be liable for any:
- lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
- error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
- problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and/or the Submissions; and/or
- injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Competition.
4. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of BWA, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, BWA reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. BWA reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
The Competition, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Italy, and any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the Competition and/or Your Submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Rome courts.